Wednesday 19 January 2022

Everything Is Connected

Things rarely happen to me by coincidence. I have an item I use in my morning prayer and meditation called a god-box. I pick words from it and those are what I concentrate on each day. Yesterday or the day before, I got Anonymity. I didn't think much of it.


Among other things, I'm working on revising one of my e-books. It is basically about work I have done in the field of alcoholism and I'm trying to be careful not to break personal anonymity of members or to breach confidentiality where my clients were concerned.


I do service work for the Fellowship of AA. An email came across my desk informing me that the position of chair of the central service committee was vacant. I haven't done service work in that capacity yet, so I asked some of the long term members what were the responsibilities for that position.


One fellow directed me to the local website where guidelines are posted describing those positions. So, off I went to do some pointing and clicking.

A passage grabbed my eye:


In the course of carrying out its functions, Central Service must respect and protect the anonymity of all AA members, potential members, and others who may contact us.


And, really, all members of AA are in service to each other, in service to God, and in service to the person who still suffers, so we should all respect the anonymity of all AA members, living or dead.

Much revision will need to be done before the book is finished.



No comments:

Post a Comment