Tuesday 16 December 2014

Snowballs

It's no secret that I've been unhappy at my job lately. I don't like the hours. I work every weekend and that makes it impossible for me to attend many of the events that I like to go to. And there's just a bunch of little things........

Anyway, Sunday morning I'm sitting outside having a smoke. One of the owners is coming home from working the back shift at a job he has said that he doesn't like. He sees me, big smile and wave and a good morning Bernie. I smile and wave back and good morning to you (and I call him by name).

Tonight I came to work. There was a xmas card here for me from another tenant, a young lady who also smiles and says hello and sometimes we engage in mild chit chat.

Getting the card was nice but what was even nicer was what she wrote inside the card. Thanks for all that you do. It's always nice to see your smile.

Sometimes a bunch of little annoying things can become one big annoying thing, like a snowball rolling down the mountain can become an avalanche. But sometimes a few simple pleasant things can change your perspective. And sometimes it takes a while to see the good things, like rolling a snowball up a small slope to make a snowman.

I'm still looking around for another job but I'm not so unhappy now.

No comments:

Post a Comment